Indie Artist Spotlight: Derek Thompson
Derek Thompson a young, talented man on the rise is looking to share his song with the world with the release of his new album.
Derek started singing at just 3 years old and, even at such a young age, he knew exactly what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. While in school, in the 5th grade, Derek would put on concerts for his classmates at the end of the month, during last period class. All the while he was honing his skills, and preparing himself to spread the word of God thru song.
While singing for his home church choir, school choirs, and other singing groups, Derek won many 1st place awards, and by the age of 20, he was ready to go solo and further his singing career. On June 10, 2008 he released an R&B album titled “Talking with a Stranger.” Although he experienced brief success with a local DJ out of Baltimore (the late DJ “K-Swift”), God had other plans for Derek. In January 2009, Thompson made his way back to his roots of gospel music and made it his focus, and it has definitely paid off as he is now ready to show the world his true gift.
Derek is now set to release his debut gospel album “Born in the Old, Shaped in the New” on April 10, 2012. The album also features Elevated Praise, a group of young people filled with the spirit of God. The group adds another element to Derek and his ministry as well.
Aside from singing, he is also an actor who has been in many stage plays. So, what is next for this young man? Grammy awards, Stellar awards, or even Dove awards? Perhaps a role in a hit movie? The future is bright and with God on his side, the sky’s the limit. Derek has been quoted as saying, “I would like to leave a legacy, one that just says God is Able.”
God is more than able, and is truly blessing Derek and his ministry. Please join me in supporting his music and that prayerfully he will continue to grow and that his message of love will reach many nations and many generations to come. Artist Website: Derek Thompson Ministries Download
Author: Kay Ann (@KayAnn_G), social media strategist, blogger, lover of gospel music
- @derekthompson - Thu 16 Jun 02:24:33 AMOkay FB, I'm looking for a independent and/or local rapper who has edge. Someone who can murder a pop track. If... https://t.co/H6L21GzzjQ
- @derekthompson - Wed 8 Jun 05:43:21 PMI have so many NEW friends & followers! For your listening pleasure, here is a song I released last year.... https://t.co/1SCYdfiLVG
- @derekthompson - Tue 24 May 04:48:52 AMInbox me to be on my guest list! https://t.co/OQLhyfUR52
- @derekthompson - Thu 12 May 12:35:39 AMOkay, I wasn't going to say anything, but I can't hold it in. The fact that I'm moving into my OWN place for the... https://t.co/RNWGFLDpXJ
- @derekthompson - Wed 11 May 11:34:17 AMToday is my bestie of 12 years birthday! So many have tried to come between us but we wouldn't let it happen!... https://t.co/mAqTAn8RNZ