Music Spotlight – Emmitt Nevels Jr.
Music Spotlight (Someone You Should Know: Emmitt Nevels Jr.)
Emmitt Nevels Jr., the man behind the hit songs “Clap Your Hands” and “Company” sung by The Nevels Sisters (who are his biological sisters) is a great and rising singer in his own right.
Hailing from Youngstown, OH, Emmitt is a singer, writer and a preacher where he is a member of his father’s church (Elder Emmitt Nevels Sr. of Nevels Temple C.O.G.I.C).
Just like his sisters, he has a sound all his own, very smooth and soulful with a hint of jazz his talents garnered him attention from Mitchell Jones. Jones, asked Emmitt to join the gospel group Commissioned; however, due to school and commitments to his church, he had to decline the offer. He had previously sung lead in a local group called G-Clef.
Now let’s fast forward to 2009, where his jazz influenced sound was evident in the release of his debut album ‘Love You I’. Nevels, jazz style is clear on the track “Eternity” and throughout others on the album.
Emmitt has been quoted as saying “I just write from my heart,” which is clear as he wrote all but one track on his album.
While remaining forever faithful to his church and his family, Emmitt’s dream of brining the gospel to many through song has come to pass with the release of his album.
Please join me in supporting this man of God as he celebrates the love of God through song and word.
Author: Kay Ann (@KayAnn_G), social media strategist, blogger, lover of gospel music
- @Jus_Kay - Mon 1 Sep 11:41:10 AMYou might try to hold back the flood of impassioned feelings t... More for Scorpio http://t.co/GrqjQuvXXd
- @Jus_Kay - Sun 31 Aug 11:41:09 AMThere is a familiar comfort to your spiritual life these days,... More for Scorpio http://t.co/GrqjQuvXXd
- @Jus_Kay - Sat 30 Aug 11:41:23 AMIt probably takes more effort to bury your feelings today than... More for Scorpio http://t.co/GrqjQuvXXd
- @Jus_Kay - Fri 29 Aug 11:41:18 AMIf someone doesn't support your plans today, you might overcom... More for Scorpio http://t.co/GrqjQuvXXd
- @Jus_Kay - Thu 28 Aug 11:41:11 AMYou are ready to throw off the shackles of self-restraint and ... More for Scorpio http://t.co/GrqjQuvXXd